Losing weight is probably one topic that is inevitably discussed in every conversation and it does not matter if it is between women or men. The concerns and the problems are similar. However, if there is one thing that is an essential if you need to lose weight, then it is a reduction of calorie intake. If you reduce the number of calories you take, weight loss is imminent. The biggest concern, however, remains that when you deny the body of food or vital nutrients through diets, it reacts by demanding more food or triggering severe hunger pangs.
The markets are flooded with multiple options for appetite suppressants which aid in reducing the hunger pangs while allowing you to lose the weight. Several of these products are sold as over-the-counter drugs and prescription based medicines which may be effective but come with associated problems of addiction, side effects which eventually reduces the benefits of such aids.
Nature has blessed us with several foods and products that can help us suppress the appetite the same way that these drugs promise. Some of the natural options available to us:
- Protein Intake: Everyone needs a good protein rich diet and this cannot be overstated. While regular non-exercising people require a good amount of protein, those that are exercising, need larger quantities of protein considering that too much of exercise can result in muscle loss. Protein-rich foods can help replace the same. Many studies suggest that a good high-protein breakfast stops you from overeating during the day. How this works is that it contributes to the feeling of a full stomach stopping you from overeating. Here you can find list of the best diet pills.
- Fiber-Rich Foods: It has been known for a long time that fiber-rich foods such as beans, lentils, chickpeas and so on can help you feel full for a longer time. What this does is that it takes longer for these foods to empty from the stomach and hence extends the digestion time. In addition, these fibers tend to ferment in the bowels leading to a release of some acids which are known to aid the feeling of fullness. Some of these studies claim a feeling of being full by almost 30 % compared to those who never took such fiber-rich foods. Not only do they aid in suppressing your appetite, a meal that is balanced with fruits, vegetables, and fiber-rich foods is said to contribute to a longer healthier life.
- Consumption of Water: It has not been simply stated that “Water is the Elixir of life”. You can never have too much of water. People who have water before a meal are said to have experienced a decreased appetite and tend to eat lesser. Drinking a few glasses of water after a meal can help you to feel fuller for longer. Drinking water aids in improving your overall health considerably allowing you to exercise harder. With exercise and diets, your skin tends to take a beating which can be restored considerably by drinking water. Soups also work in a similar fashion and tend to drain from the stomach quickly. So, having soup before a meal will help you to slash at least 100 calories from your meal straightaway.
- Mindful Eating: Mindful eating is an idea that should be inculcated by everyone whether you aim to lose weight or you are looking to stay fit and healthy. Our brain is wired to know when you appreciate, enjoy the food and when you are feeling full. However, time pressures have taken out the pleasure of enjoying a meal. A typical lunch or dinner is spent watching a program on TV or while using the smartphone. This confuses the brain and hence you end up eating much more than you need. Eliminating distractions and focusing on the food will help you to eat the right amount and avoid overeating.
- Usage of Spices and Ginger: Another effective way to reduce the number of calories eaten is by spicing up your meals- literally! Making use of spices such as ginger, and peppers both hot and sweet can contribute to making you feel full. These peppers while making the food hot and spicy is also said to help in burning more calories after a meal.